News and Announcements
Saints Baseball 2020 Season Tryout Dates – Are currently being finalized. Below are the tentative dates, check back in a few days for the final dates:
- 8U tryouts Monday, July 8 at LaSalle South
- 9U tryouts Tuesday, July 9 at LaSalle South
- 10U tryouts Wednesday, July 10 at LaSalle South
- 11U tryouts Thursday, July 11 at LaSalle South
- 12U tryouts Monday, July 15 at LaSalle South
- 13U tryouts Tuesday, July 16 at LaSalle North
- 14U tryouts Wednesday July 17 at LaSalle North
Due to an unforeseen circumstance, Dan Driscoll has decided to step down from the role as Saints President. Many thanks to Dan for his work in leading the organization. Also, thanks to Doug Banowetz for stepping in and covering the President role.
Brett Proskovec will now assume the role as the President of Saints Baseball Board. Kevin Komenda will be Brett’s right hand in assisting with the role. Brett can be reached via the Saints President Gmail account at:
Thanks to Brett and Kevin for stepping up to lead our organization and continuing to make Saints Baseball strong!
Saints Baseball Board
St Rita’s is the Saints Youth Baseball Program’s indoor practice facility. It was started back in 2008 and moved to our existing location in Hiawatha after a flooding event at the old facility. The facility has 7 totals cages that can be used for hitting, tee work and pitching.
Several people have inquired about how the facility is funded and where does the funds for St Rita’s go.
- Who owns St Rita’s – All the Saints members who pay the St Rita’s dues are “owners” of the facility we rent. The facility is made possible by the dues our members pay.
- Rent* – ~85% of our total St Rita’s dues goes to pay the rent for the facility
- New Equipment / Repair Equipment* – The remaining ~15% of our St Rita’s dues goes to purchasing new equipment (ie baseballs, tees etc) or repairing our existing equipment and the facility (ie pitching machines, cage nets etc). Our facility will be in need for new carpeting in the next few years which will be a large expense for the facility.
Thanks to everyone for the continued support for St Rita’s. Without your support Saints Baseball would not be in a position to have such an excellent facility as St Rita’s.